About our Foundation
Olympic View Community Foundation promotes and applies philanthropic contributions that improve and enhance the quality of life in Clallam County, now and for future generations.
We accomplish this by:
- Serving as a leader, catalyst, and resource for philanthropy
- Providing flexible and cost effective ways for donors to benefit nonprofit organizations
- Building endowments to help meet future community needs
- Bringing together community leaders and constituencies to help identify and solve community problems in a creative, sensitive and timely manner
- Providing technical support, funding referrals, grants management and other services to donors, nonprofit organizations and the community at large
- Accepting, managing, and holding donations in a Community Grants Fund to supports local causes that are vital to our community – in all fields of interest – Arts and Culture, Youth, Seniors, Education and Training, Environment and Conservation, Health and Human Services, and Animal Welfare, Community Development, and beyond.
Olympic View Community Foundation (OVCF) is a nonprofit Washington corporation located in Sequim. It formed as an outgrowth of Sequim 2000, a committee of the Sequim-Dungeness Chamber of Commerce established in 1995. The original purpose of the group was to raise funds for the beautification of Sequim, which was undergoing a downtown renaissance. The Sequim 2000 credit card, an affinity card sponsored by Sound Community Bank, was the original source of funds and continues to provide support (1% of transaction is donated to the foundation’s Community Grants Fund and disbursed as grants to local community-based organizations).
Incorporated in September 2001, the focus of OVCF to encourage the growth of organized philanthropy and to enrich the quality of life in in our community. From 1997 through 2011, SCF has given 114 grants to 42 local organizations, totaling $303,205. Volunteer board members of the foundation assist the community, administer the local grants program, manage the donor funds and more.
In the spring of 2011, SCF with Sound Community Bank, hosted a celebration for the achievement of a major milestone. Sound Community Bank has donated $300,000 to the Sequim community through the Foundation from 1% of expenses from the Sequim 2000 VISA card holders since 2000.