OVCF GRANT SUMMARY – 2021
OVCF distributed community grants to 16 Clallam County nonprofit organizations in 2021 and granted 6 scholarships totaling $20,000 to graduating high school seniors. OVCF continues to administer several donor-advised funds and is the fiscal sponsor for programs such as Clallam County Child Advocates benefiting foster children, Sequim Prairie Nights Car show, the Community Organic Garden of Sequim, and a “Back to the Land” burial option project.
Grants distributed in 2021 include:
Olympic Peninsula Humane Society The Salvation Army (Clallam County)
Serenity House of Clallam County Peninsula Trails Coalition
North Olympic Library Foundation Sequim Farmers & Artisan Market
Peninsula Dispute Resolution Center Clallam Mosaic
New Hope Food Bank (Clallam Bay) KSQM Radio, Sequim
St. Andrews Place Assisted Living Port Angeles Food Bank
Olympic Peninsula Community Clinic Port Angeles Education Foundation
West End Youth and Community Club (Sekiu)
OVCF GRANT SUMMARY – 2022
Grants distributed in 2022 include:
Soroptimist International of Sequim: For the Continuing Education Scholarship Program
Peninsula Dispute Resolution Center
New Hope Food Bank (Clallam Bay)
Port Angeles Salvation Army
St. Andrews Place Assisted Living
Port Angeles Food Bank
Olympic Peninsula Community Clinic
Port Angeles Education Foundation
West End Youth and Community Club (Sekiu)
Master Gardener Foundation of Clallam County
2023 GRANT SUMMARY –
Olympic View Community Foundation carries out its mission by supporting the vision, passion, and expertise of local nonprofit organizations. OVCF makes investments in quality community programs that we believe will make Clallam County a place where every person can reach their full potential and where a robust culture is strengthened and celebrated.
Our roots run deep in the nonprofit community, with relationships built since 2000. That experience has allowed us to build expertise in helping nonprofits achieve their missions as effectively as possible. All funding is awarded based on a consistent scoring method.
Purpose/Goals of Grant Program: Olympic View Community Foundation awards grants from our Community Grant Fund which is supported in part by Sound Community Bank. This fund is also supported by donors wishing to support the community nonprofits.
Grants support a variety of causes, including community development, education and youth, health and human services, animal welfare, environment and conservation, and arts and culture.
Who Can Apply: OVCF considers grant applications from tax-exempt nonprofit organizations for a variety of charitable purposes. All of our competitively awarded grants are made to nonprofits that are based in and serve Clallam County. Grants may be awarded for programs, capacity building or general operating support. We give priority to proposals that:
- Are likely to make a clear difference in the quality of life for a substantial number of people living in Clallam County
- Promote cooperation and collaboration among nonprofits meeting critical needs
Geographical Area of Funding: Applicants must be based in Clallam County and providing services or projects in Clallam County
Typical Dollar Range of OVCF’s Grants: $500 – $3,000
OVCF Generally Will Not Fund:
- Organizations that have received grants from OVCF within the preceding calendar year
- Multi-year grants
- Annual fund campaigns, underwriting of fundraising events, and marketing campaigns
- Religious purposes (although OVCF will support educational and social service programs offered by faith-based organizations)
- Organizations based outside Clallam County
- Debt retirement, research, endowments and individuals
- Grants to support OVCF hosted training
Grant Application Inquiries: Organizations are asked to submit a letter or email of inquiry to OVCF staff before submitting a grant application: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be screened for completeness (incomplete applications will not be considered)
- The OVCF Grant Committee will review applications and present their recommendations to the OVCF Board for approval. Grants are reviewed biannually in two cycles – May and October.
- Click here to Download Application Packet
Questions can be directed to:
Please call us or send an email for further information and instructions for how to submit a Letter of Inquiry.
Sheila Everett, Director (360) 775-3532